Voyageurs National Park Operating Hours & Seasons
Voyageurs National Park is open year round, the seasons providing visitors with very different experiences.
During the summer time the warm, balmy weather is perfect for exploring the miles of shoreline and waterways with more water based opportunities and activities than you could shake a stick at (not sure why you would want to shake a stick at it, but hey), anyway, that’s Voyageurs National Park during the summer. During the winter time it’s a very different yet equally magical story – the park is transformed into a winter wonderland, the lakes freeze over providing the perfect playground for snowmobiles etc., and the wintry forest trails are just a fantastic place to explore via cross-country skies or snowshoes. Like I said, two completely different yet equally enthralling experiences await at Voyageurs National Park, whatever the season.
Voyageurs National Park Visitor Centers
Just because Voyageurs National Park is always open, it doesn’t necessarily follow that everything will be open when you get there. Here are the opening times and seasons for the popular visitor centers within the park.
Rainy Lake Visitor Center, Voyageurs National Park
- This visitor center is open all year round
- End September until end December – Wednesday to Sundays only, 10am until 4pm.
- Closed for holidays – Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Beginning January until late in May – Wednesday to Sundays only, 10am – 4.30pm
- Late in May until late September – open every day between 9am and 5pm
- Closed from late September until late in May
- Late in May until late September open every day between 9am and 5pm
- Closed from late in September until late in May
- From late May until late September open Thursdays to Sundays only, between 9am and 5pm
Driving towards the Ash River Visitor Center, just to make sure you’re on the right road, unless of course you travel by water!
No it’s not a speed boat, it’s a time lapse video.