Carlsbad Caverns National Park Operating Hours & Seasons
Carlsbad Caverns National Park itself is open every day (except Christmas Day . . . well, it is a rather special day to spend with family and Park Rangers are people too you know).
Now then, what about these caverns, I mean, they’ll be pretty spooky at night time? That’s why there are final entrance times to adhere to each day. If you get there after these times you ain’t gonna’ get in.
While we’re at it, perhaps you should synchronize your watches with the time zone at Carlsbad Caverns National Park;
- From the second Sunday in March the park is on Mountain Daylight Saving Time.
- From the first Sunday in November the park is on Mountain Standard Time.
Okay, now that’s sorted out, where were we?
Carlsbad Caverns Entrance Hours
- During the Fall, Winter and Spring – September 4 through May 23 – the last cavern entry using the natural entrance is at 2pm, but if you use the elevator entrance then the last time is 3.30pm
- Extended hours during the Summer – May 25 through September 3 – the last cavern entry using the natural entrance is at 3.30pm, but if you use the elevator entrance then the last time is at 5pm
- During the Fall, Winter and Spring (as above) the Visitor Center is open for business between 8am and 5pm
- During the Summer the Visitor Center is open for business between 8am and 7pm
That’s what you can see from the Visitor Center at Carlsbad Caverns – nice huh?