Joshua Tree National Park Operating Hours & Seasons
Joshua Tree National Park is open all year round, you can visit anytime you like, although not surprisingly the majority of the visitors to the park choose to visit either during the fall when the temperatures begin to moderate, or during the spring when the wildflowers are in full bloom. During the summer it’s just so darned hot that less people choose to visit the park, and who can blame them.
Joshua Tree National Park Visitors Centers
There are four visitors centers at Joshua Tree National Park, three of them are open all year round, one is open at certain times of the year.
- Oasis Visitor Center – this Joshua Tree National Park visitor center is open all year round between 8am and 5pm. You can find it at park headquarters, 74485 National Park Drive, Twentynine Palms, CA 92277, on the junction of the National Park Drive and Utah Trail.
- Joshua Tree Visitor Center – opens every day throughout the year too, between 8am and 5pm. I’ts a block south of Twentynine Palms Highway, or Hwy 62 if you prefer, at 6554 Park Boulevard, Joshua Tree, CA 92256
- Cottonwood Visitor Center – is also open year round, between 8am and 4pm. It’s at Cottonwood Spring, around eight miles north of I-10.
- Black Rock Nature Center – opens from October through to May, from 8am until 4pm every day except for Fridays when it is open between 12 noon and 8pm. You’ll find this Joshua Tree National Park visitor center at 9800 Black Rock Road, Yucca Valley, CA 92284, in the Black Rock Campground.
Joshua Tree National Park Seasons
- Spring and Fall are the most popular seasons to visit Joshua Tree National Park, with comfortable temperatures ranging from an average high of 85 deg F and an average low of 50 deg F (that’s 29 and 10 deg C).
- Winter has cooler days and freezing cold nights. There is the occasional snow fall at the higher elevations of the park.
- Summer is hot, hot, hot! Expect temperatures of over 100 deg F (38 deg C) during the daytime and even through the night it doesn’t drop much below 75 deg F (24 deg C) until the early hours of each morning.
I told you that it snows sometimes – now do you believe me?