North Cascades National Park Operating Hours & Seasons
North Cascades National Park is never closed, it opens every single day of the year, however, many of the roads and facilities are at the mercy of the weather. Many of these are necessarily closed during the winter months. The majority of the visitor centers, campgrounds and roads are open from the end of May until late in October – weather permitting.
North Cascades National Park Facilities
North Cascades Visitor Center – located just over the Skagit River close to milepost 120 on State Route 20, the North Cascades Highway, close to the town of Newhalem, next to the Newhalem Creek Campground.
- Early May – late June – open daily 9am – 5pm
- Early July – early September – open daily 9am – 6pm
- Early September – late October – open daily 9am – 5pm
- November – April – Closed
Park and Forest Information Center – is in Sedro-Woolley, Washington just along State Route 20, the North Cascades Highway around 5 miles to the east of Interstate 5, and an hour and a half from Seattle.
- Early January – mid May – open Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm
- Mid May – early October – open daily 8am – 4.30pm
- Early October – end December – open Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm
Closed for the following days – January 6, January 16, February 20, November 12, November 22, December 25.
Wilderness Information Center – at 7280 Ranger Station Road, Marblemount, WA 98267. Take State Route 20 to Marblemount and head onto Ranger Station Road, leaving SR20 at 105.3 milepost, a little to the west of Marblemount, the ranger station is a little less than a mile along the road.
- Early May – end June – Friday and Saturdays 7am – 6pm, Sundays to Thursdays 8am – 4.30pm
- Early July – early September – Friday and Saturdays 7am – 8pm, Sundays to Thursdays 7am – 6pm
- Early September – mid October – Friday and Saturdays 7am – 6pm, Sundays to Thursdays 8am – 4.30pm
- Mid October – Early May – Closed
- Early January – late March – all days when there’s a ferry service in operation, 12.30pm – 1.30pm
- Early April – end April – daily 12.30pm – 1.30pm
- Early May – late May – Monday – Fridays 12.30pm – 2pm, Saturdays and Sundays 10am – 2pm
- Late May – late September – Open daily 8.30am – 5pm
- Early October – mid October – daily 10am – 2pm
- mid October – end December – all days when there’s a ferry service in operation, 12.30pm – 1.30pm
- Winter opening hours – Saturday and Sundays 9am – 3pm (including open on Memorial Day)
- Early June – Fridays – Tuesdays 8am – 4.3pm
- Mid June – mid October – open daily 8am – 4.30pm.
- Monday – Friday 7.45am – 4.30pm except federal holidays when the ranger station is closed.
- Monday – Friday 7.40am – 4.30pm – closed federal holidays
- End June – September – may be open during the weekends and holidays
- Late May – mid June – Fridays – Sundays 9am – 5pm
- mid June – early September – daily 9am – 5pm
- Early September – late September – Fridays – Sundays 9am – 5pm