Petrified Forest National Park Operating Hours & Seasons
Petrified Forest National Park is open every day of the year except Christmas (December 25th for those who can’t remember). The opening hours do vary with the seasons, however, so it’s best to check out the opening hours before you leave home.
Operating hours for the Petrified Forest National Park are as follows;
- May 6 through June 2 – the park is open from 7am until 7.30pm
- June 3 through July 28 – the park is open from 7am until 8pm
- July 29 through August 25 – the park is open from 7am until 7.30pm
- August 26 through September 22 – the park is open from 7am until 7pm
Facilities at Petrified Forest National Park
The majority of the facilities at Petrified Forest National Park open on April 22 and remain open through until at least Labor Day, with the following opening hours;
- Painted Desert Visitor Center – opens between 8am and 6pm
- Rainbow Forest Museum – open between 8am and 6pm
- Painted Desert Inn National Historic Landmark – open between 9am and 5pm
Other facilities like concession gift shops, restaurant and convenience store may have different operating hours to the Petrified Forest National Park.
Note – this is important (that’s why I put “note” in bold print) – Arizona does not observe the Daylight Savings Time, so remains year round on Mountain Standard Time. To say an example, during the summer the Daylight Savings Time means that the time in California and Arizona is the same, with the Navajo Reservation and New Mexico an hour ahead.
Okay, make sure that you’ve synchronized your watches before you leave home, and have a great time at Petrified Forest National Park.
Wow, it’s even more beautiful at sunset! What a place.